Welcome to Conflict Valorax, an open-ended narrative campaign for Warhammer 40,000 set deep within the Ultima Segmentum on the Eastern Fringe of the galaxy and close to the limit of mankind’s domain. The purpose of this campaign narrative is to richly detail the setting and history of the Valorax star system in order to bring a depth and storyline to ongoing games set within the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Games of Warhammer 40,000, Epic, Inquisitor, Aeronautica Imperialis, Space Crusade, Space Hulk and Battlefleet Gothic are all set within this greater context, each conflict adding detail to the ongoing plot.

Saturday 5 March 2011

Spotlight On: The Hammer Collider


The Hammer Collider is a homemade vehicle for my Adeptus Mechanicus army: Initiative 0999XXB#14-12.  

The basic vehicle was a toy I picked up YEARS ago at a car boot sale, thinking that one day it would come in handy. The turret revolves but actually comes free on those folded arms and lifts up above the tank!
It had a wrong scale open cockpit at the front that I covered over with a couple of spare dozer blades. I added some lights and smoke launchers and Bob’s your uncle!
For stats I dug out my old Chapter Approved book and used the Vehicle Design Rules inside. The rules haven’t changed THAT much since 3rd edition when it was current and I figured it would give me a basis for play-testing – especially considering that the VDR was weighted to overprice vehicles on points.
Painting it, I dry brushed Dark Angels Green and dry brushed up through Snot and Goblin Green. I used plain black on the black bits and Boltgun Metal with a black wash on the silver bits.
The Hammer Collider has the following profile:

Hammer
Collider
BS
Front
Side
Rear
3
13
12
10



155 Points
Vehicle Type: Tank
Crew: Skitarii
Weapon: Plasma Accelerator
The Plasma Accelerator has the following profile:
Plasma
Range
Str
AP
Type
Accelerator
36”
7
2
Heavy 1, Large Blast





No comments:

Post a Comment