Welcome to Conflict Valorax, an open-ended narrative campaign for Warhammer 40,000 set deep within the Ultima Segmentum on the Eastern Fringe of the galaxy and close to the limit of mankind’s domain. The purpose of this campaign narrative is to richly detail the setting and history of the Valorax star system in order to bring a depth and storyline to ongoing games set within the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Games of Warhammer 40,000, Epic, Inquisitor, Aeronautica Imperialis, Space Crusade, Space Hulk and Battlefleet Gothic are all set within this greater context, each conflict adding detail to the ongoing plot.

Friday 25 March 2011

Spotlight On... The Neutraliser!


The Neutraliser is a toy I bought a few years ago. I originally painted it up to be a Starship Troopers vehicle but it didn’t sit too well within that game system. When I started to pull together my Adeptus Mechanicus force it seemed like a logical addition.
With the addition of a Forge World brass etched Imperial Eagle it looks (to me) like it fits quite nicely.

As far as stats went, I was tempted by the Apocalypse rules for the Knight Warden from the Tempus Fugitives Cult Mechanicus codex but I wanted something I could use in normal sized games.
A quick fiddle through the Vehicle Design Rules and Bob was my uncle. Although I had to fiddle it a tad to use the Punisher Gatling Cannon as that hadn’t been invented when the VDR came out. I transferred the points across from the Imperial Guard codex.
In the game he is rather cool, mostly because he looks so good. I’m a sucker for the look of things. Rules and winning come far below this on my priority, but they came out quite adequately this time I think.

Neutraliser  
BS
Front
Side
Rear
3
13
13
10



Points: 250
Vehicle Type: Tank
Crew: Skitarii
Weapons: Punisher Gatling Cannon, Missile Launcher
Special Rules: Lumbering (Can only turn 90 degrees after moving a maximum of 6” forward)

3 comments:

  1. "OMG" that's awesome where did you get the model. Another cool convert.

    Necron rob :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know where it’s from. I bought it at a toy shop.

    It is cool though, isn’t it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless those toy shops. The conversions are awesome!

    ReplyDelete