Welcome to Conflict Valorax, an open-ended narrative campaign for Warhammer 40,000 set deep within the Ultima Segmentum on the Eastern Fringe of the galaxy and close to the limit of mankind’s domain. The purpose of this campaign narrative is to richly detail the setting and history of the Valorax star system in order to bring a depth and storyline to ongoing games set within the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Games of Warhammer 40,000, Epic, Inquisitor, Aeronautica Imperialis, Space Crusade, Space Hulk and Battlefleet Gothic are all set within this greater context, each conflict adding detail to the ongoing plot.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

On The Painting Table: Adeptus Mechanicus Aphid

Allow me to introduce my new retooled Aphid, a fast attack choice for my new Adeptus Mechanicus/Squat army.


The original version I made for this was purely using Robogear parts and looked pretty rough as you can see.






Realising how dodgy it looked I ripped the cockpit off, tore off the guns and replaced them with missile pods from a Valkyrie. It's now a more delicate spidery robot, rather than a piloted armoured thing.




I'm going to redo the rules for this tinker, making it open topped. It's going to be a glass cannon - easy to destroy but putting out a lot of damage.

And it perfectly suits the look I'm going for with my Mechanicus force - esoteric technology gone wild!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm a big fan of the Robogear bits for conversions - I did a trio of Myrmidons using the Spider as a basis recently.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the praise. It makes all the difference.

      Yeah, I'm much more pleased with this version. I'm repainting all the Adeptus Mechanicus stuff I already did and trying to pull the whole army together now.

      I also have a couple of Forge Father vehicles to go with them. It SHOULD be pretty cool when it's done.

      Delete