Welcome to Conflict Valorax, an open-ended narrative campaign for Warhammer 40,000 set deep within the Ultima Segmentum on the Eastern Fringe of the galaxy and close to the limit of mankind’s domain. The purpose of this campaign narrative is to richly detail the setting and history of the Valorax star system in order to bring a depth and storyline to ongoing games set within the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Games of Warhammer 40,000, Epic, Inquisitor, Aeronautica Imperialis, Space Crusade, Space Hulk and Battlefleet Gothic are all set within this greater context, each conflict adding detail to the ongoing plot.

Saturday 18 February 2012

On the Painting Table: Scibor Space Marine Librarian

Well isn't this a beautiful miniature:


It's one of the nicest miniatures It has ever been my pleasure to paint And I completed it in a very short time. It's from Scibor's SF range (basically beautiful space marine copies on the whole)

Just one problem:


He's chuffing HUGE!!!!

He is standing on a plinth, but even so... I'm capable of justifying some things but this is pushing it a little.

Having said that; he is a hero level character and is probably closer to the correct scale that space marines ought to be. I plan to write something into my background about the heroes from my chapter being bigger somehow blah blah blah.

It's a bit annoying though. I'm doing the same thing with characters for my Mordheim warband that I bought from Banelords.

Why can't everyone use the same scale!?!?!?

It's just a case of using the same size armature. It's a simple decision that a lot of alternative miniature suppliers aren't making. I know they don't want GW to determine everything but they are the market leader and they are trying to make money off GW marketing. I think they should try a bit harder to match sizes.

I bought a sorceress off eBay last year and she was gigantic!

(Takes some deep breaths)

Okay I've calmed down now. Let's look at some more pictures.


He actually doesn't look that bad when placed in a unit. And he is such a nice model I can overlook his faults. 


I painted him: Adeptus Battlegrey | Black Ink | Adeptus Battlegrey| Codex Grey & Tin Bitz | Dwarf Bronze | Shining Gold. And Boltgun Metal | Black Ink.

The cloak thing was Scorched Brown | Calthan Brown and the red bit was Dark Flesh | Red Gore.


The alternative back vent is a real feature, with various designs on other Scibor miniatures. The other models in the range have to be seen to be believed.

Go and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment